iCredit Usage and Benefits
iCredits are required for purchasing data storage and running data analysis apps in BaseSpace Sequence Hub and Illumina Connected Analytics. iCredit purchasing is expected to become available for additional Illumina software tools in the near future.
iCredits provide purchasing flexibility. You can pay-as-you-go or make a one-time purchase of larger quantities at a lower price point for high-throughput data analysis applications.
How Many iCredits do I Need?
These examples can help you plan how many iCredits you need to purchase in order to store your data or perform common applications.
- Whole-genome sequencing, 30x human genome: 7 iCredits
- Exome sequencing: 2 iCredits per human exome (10 Gb assumed)
- Whole-transcriptome sequencing: 2 iCredits per sample (quantification and fusion detection)
- Targeted sequencing: 1 iCredit per sample, for up to 500 genes
- 16s rRNA: 1 iCredit per sample
- Data storage in BaseSpace Sequence Hub:
- Standard Storage: 22.5 iCredits per Terabyte (TB) per month (approximately eight 30x whole human genomes)
- Archive Storage: 2 iCredits per TB per month
- Transfer to Archive: 20 iCredit per TB per transfer
- Restore from Archive: 30 iCredit per TB per restore
View the "Predicting Analysis Costs" table for additional details.
iCredit Compute Usage
Compute usage is billed at a per-minute rate in iCredits per node hour.
For BaseSpace Sequence Hub apps, the compute rate for an app is displayed on each app’s detail page once you’re logged in.
Keeping Track of iCredit Usage
For any software that uses iCredits, dashboards are available to display the number of promotional and subscription iCredits that have been used in the current billing period. You can download usage history reports to determine how many iCredits you typically use per month.
Automated email notifications will inform you of your account status and notify you when your iCredit balance is getting low. These emails will alert you to upcoming software subscription expirations and renewals and provide links to help guide you through renewal.
Visit the BaseSpace Online Help iCredit section for more in-depth information about iCredits.